ADMISSION PROCESS TO B. DES.
B.Des. (Direct Entry)
A candidate may be admitted into the first semester of B. Des. programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITBDAT-2017 entrance examination followed by counselling at CIT, Kokrahar. The second way is by applying, appearing and has to qualify in UCEED-2017 conducted by IIT BOMBAY. These candidates should also separately apply to CIT, Kokrajhar and submit the UCEED-2017 score cards to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, as per notification by CIT Admission Committee on institute's official website www.cit.ac.in during admission time. Seat allocation to CITBDAT qualified candidates and UCEED qualified candidates will be published on website.
B.Des. (Vertical Entry)
Candidates who have passed 3 years diploma in Animation and Multimedia Technology from CIT Kokrajhar in the current year having requisite qualifying marks should submit their application and would be admitted without any entrance examinations into the 2nd year/3rd Semester of the programme.
NOTE: There will be No Lateral Entry scheme for other diploma branches in 3rd semester as the programme has a specialized course structure and one has to enter from 1st year to complete the programme.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in any stream (Science/Arts/Commerce) or an equivalent examination** from any institute approved by Board/AICTE/ Recognized University with not less than 50% marks.
- In case of students belonging to SC/ST, the minimum percentage of marks for admission to B. Des. course shall be not less than 45%.
** Equivalent examination: Minimum of 2 years Diploma after 10th Standard in relevant field of study (e.g., Visual Art, Fine Art, Commercial Art, Fashion Technology etc.) from any Govt. recognized institute approved by State Technical Board/AICTE/University.
Age limit: Candidates must not be above 21 years, or below 17 years of age as on 1st August of the year of admission. The upper age limit is relaxed to 3 years for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe candidates. For Diploma passed candidates the upper age limit is 45 years. Candidates must be mentally and physically fit and must possess a good moral character.
Branch Intake Capacity
The branch intake capacity is 45 (Forty five) only in 1st Semester. However the intake capacity may vary as per the decision of Admission Committee, CIT Kokrajhar.
Distribution of Seats
The seat sharing between CITBDAT qualified candidates and UCEED qualified candidates will be as follows:
1) 60% of the total seats for CITBDAT-2017 qualified candidates.
2) 40% of the total seats for UCEED-2017 qualified candidates.
Reservation Policy: As per CIT Kokrajhar existing rules. Please refer to CIT main website for details.
ENTRANCE EXAM AND DETAILS
Entrance exams for entry to B. Des. Programme
- Central Institute of Tehnology Bachelor of Design Aptitude Test (CITBDAT): CITBDAT is an entrance test conducted by CIT for admission into the first semester of Bachelor of Design Degree (B. Des.) programme of study as Direct Entry into Department of Multimedia Communication and Design in CIT, Kokrajhar, which is affiliated to Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati, Assam.
- Under Graduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED): UCEED is an entrance exam conducted by IIT Bombay on All India basis for admission into B. Des. Programme of IITs and IIITs. CIT also take UCEED qualified candidates for entry into its B. Des. Programme.
- Please see UCEED website uceed.in for exam information.
FOR UCEED QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
How to apply for UCEED-2017 qualified Candidates: Aspiring candidates qualified in UCEED-2017, conducted by IIT Bombay and scoring above cut-off for admission into 1st Semester of B. Des. for the session 2017-18 in CIT Kokrajhar may apply with the prescribed form and submit it to Member Secretary, Admission Committee, CIT Kokrajhar, B.T.A.D, Assam, PIN- 783370 along with requisite demand Draft of Rs 1000/- (One Thousand) for GEN/OBC (Rs 500/- (Five Hundred) for SC/ST/PC) candidates. The demand draft is to be made in favour of Entrance Examination CIT, Kokrajhar payable at SBI, Balagaon, Kokrajhar drawn on any nationalized Bank of India. Submission process of application for UCEED-2017 qualified candidates will be published on this website very soon.
FOR CITBDAT QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
Counselling for CITBDAT qualified candidates will be held on 28th of JUNE 2017. Candidates should be present with all the relevant documents at the counselling venue as informed in the institute website.
FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMME:
ADMISSION TO DIPLOMA: Please visit CIT, Kokrajhar main website.
ADMISSION PROCESS FOR DIPLOMA: Download CIT Information Brochure 2017 for detailed admission process.
ENTRANCE EXAM AND DETAILS FOR DIPLOMA: Click here to see the exam details and syllabus for Diploma entrance(CITEE-2017).